Table of contents
The content is being written. Please come again later.
Definition of the term "calorie"
- What is calorie.
- Calorie vs. Kilocalorie
- Calorie vs. Joule
- Empty calories
How food energy is measured
- Direct calorimetry (procedure developed by United States Department of Agriculture)
- Standardized chemical tests
- An analysis of the recipe
- Energy content
- Protein contains about 4 calories per gram (17 kJ/g)
- Carbohydrates contain about 4 calories per gram (17 kJ/g)
- Fat contains about 9 calories per gram (38 kJ/g)
- Alcohol contains about 7 calories per gram (29 kJ/g)
- United States federal food-labeling regulations (in a nutshell).
- How to read labels.
Daily calorie intake
- Recommended intake
- How is recommended calorie intake calculated: Basal Metabolic Rate and physical activity. Harris-Benedict formula.
- Calories from fat, carbs and proteins. Balanced diet. U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommendation: no more than 30% of daily calories from fat.
- How to count calories.
- Calorie counters.
- Cutting calories. Tips and tricks.
- Burning calories. Tips and tricks.
© 2006 Kilocalorie.Com